Do you know businesses and individuals who are making a significant impact towards advancing gender equity in King County's workplaces and communities? It's time to nominate them for a Women and Business Leadership Initiative (WIBLI) Award!
Nominations are open in these categories:
- WIBLI Business of the Year: Awarded to a business that has significantly contributed to gender equity in the workplace
- WIBLI Leader of the Year: Awarded to a woman who demonstrates exemplary leadership traits and has made significant contributions to gender equity in our region
- WIBLI Rising Star: Awarded to a woman, with 10 years or less of work experience, who has exemplary leadership traits at an early point in her career and has worked to advance gender equity in our region
Within their gender equity work, focus areas of nominees may include:
- Women on boards
- Women in management
- Women in STEM
- Family friendly business practices
- Wage equity
- Commitment to racial diversity in gender equity issues
- Mentorship & career development
- Representation of women in media
- Advocacy & community development
- Supporting educational opportunities for girls & young women
These awards are part of the Chamber’s WIBLI events and programs, which inspire, educate, and connect Seattle-area women at all levels of their careers. WIBLI events aim to empower Seattle-area professionals to create significant change for themselves, their workplaces and their communities around gender equity issues, including closing our region’s gender wage gap.
Online nominations will be open until 5:00 p.m. on May 3.
Finalists will be announced on May 20. Self-nominations are welcome. Nominees must be located in King County. Three finalists will be selected in each category, and the winner in each category will be announced at the WIBLI Awards Ceremony June 6.