Empowering women to grow and succeed in business and leadership is important to an inclusive economy. That's why the Seattle Metro Chamber created the Women in Business and Leadership Initiative (WIBLI).
What is WIBLI?
WIBLI events and programs inspire, educate, and connect Seattle-area professionals at all levels of their careers. We aim to empower WIBLI attendees to create significant change for themselves, their workplaces, and their communities around gender equity issues, including closing our region’s gender wage gap.
Why attend? You will:
Here's how you can engage this season:
- Connect with peers to improve gender equity in the workplace
- Inspire and be inspired by women at all levels of careers to take tangible steps toward career growth
- Learn valuable professional development skills to invest and grow in your own career
Join us for our next WIBLI "21" Lunch, Jan. 31
Tired of eating lunch at your desk? Why not make that meal a little more productive? WIBLI “21” brings together over 70 female (and some male) professionals across various industries for a structured networking lunch. This is your chance to grow your network, meet potential mentors and learn how others are navigating the workplace.Hear from Women Doing the Unexpected at our next WIBLI Symposium, Feb. 13
Listen and learn from a phenomenal group of women who are doing the unexpected. They’ll share how they’ve achieved success in traditionally male-dominated industries like maritime, construction, architecture, and media.
Spend your afternoon with our speakers to learn:
- How they chose to work in a male-dominated field
- Obstacles they faced along the way and how they overcame them
- How they set themselves apart
Caryn Mathes, President and General Manager, KUOW
Make sure to keep your eyes peeled for information on our 4th Annual WIBLI Awards!