Each year the Seattle Metro Chamber leads a delegation of government, business, and civic leaders to a prominent U.S. city to offer delegates access to peers and local innovators making their mark on both the national and global stage.
CLICK HERE FOR DRAFT AGENDA
- Charleston has played a complex and significant role in our nation’s history and has evolved into a city of collaboration, long-term planning, resilience, and strong, consistent leadership.
- Charleston has a fast-growing economy and was ranked 16th in the Milken Institutes’ 2018 Best-Performing Cities report.
- The Charleston region is seeing strong population and income growth, and their leaders face many of the challenges that come with this, including traffic, housing affordability, and a changing city identity.
Study Mission Goals:
- Explore innovation and economic development happening in the Charleston area.
- Develop stronger connections among business and civic leaders in our delegation
- Benchmark our region, explore best practices, and learn about solutions from a vibrant and growing region
Program topics to include:
- Workforce development and the ReadySC program
- Regional collaboration and a culture of innovation
- Tourism and Charleston's booming restaurant scene
- Equitable growth and livability in a flourishing region