Each year the Seattle Metro Chamber leads a delegation of government, business, and civic leaders to a prominent U.S. city to offer delegates access to peers and local innovators making their mark on both the national and global stage.
CLICK HERE FOR DRAFT AGENDA
Denver is a peer region to Seattle in many ways, facing similar challenges and opportunities as its population grows. Surrounded by awe-inspiring natural beauty and filled with a sense of adventure and creativity, our two cities continue to rank among the most popular and sought-after places to live and work in the country. This year’s Intercity Study Mission provides a unique opportunity to learn from leaders in the Mile High City.
We invite you to join a delegation of senior-level business, government, and civic leaders from our region as we explore innovation and economic development happening in the Denver metropolitan region. Over the course of three days, participants will hear from top regional leaders and participate in programs to benchmark our region, explore best practices, learn about solutions, and connect with fellow participants and local leaders.
Potential program topics to include:
- Economic development and quality of life
- K-12 and post-secondary career connected learning
- Regional collaboration
- Tools for effective and efficient government
- Culture of innovation and entrepreneurship
- Immigration and the emerging technology sector
- Healthcare and wellness industry growth
- Arts and culture
- Climate and outdoor recreation
- Colorado’s growing commercial marijuana industry and regulatory environment
- Colorado’s craft brewing industry
- Smart cities technology