The Trade Development Alliance and the Seattle Metropolitan Chamber of Commerce present the 2013 Greater Seattle International Leadership Mission to Paris, France.
PROMOTE AND CONNECT
Connect with and understand the world's fifth-largest economy as well as brand Washington State with leaders from our region's business, government, education, environmental, labor, and nonprofit sectors. This leadership program will give you the unique opportunity to develop lasting relationships with leaders in France and in our own region, as well asthe chance to promote Greater Seattle and Washington State to a world-class market.
- Aerospace: Join the 2013 Paris Air Show - the largest and most prestigious air show in the world. The show will be an opportunity to showcase Washington State's aerospace industry to over 150,000 trade visitors from over 100 countries. Also see the stiff competition from Airbus, newcomers from Brazil, Russia, and China, and fellow U.S. states like Mississippi and Alabama.
- Biotechnology/Information Technology: Explore how France has become an international biomedical leader, ranking second in the world for number of life science companies. See first-hand how its combination of world-class research centers, universities, hospitals, and business incubators work together and witness a demonstration of new technology.
- Higher Education: Visit one of the most prestigious social science universities in the world, specializing in the areas of economics, political science, and international studies. Learn more about France's higher education system and the challenges universities are facing in a struggling economy.
- Ports: France is at the forefront of major changes happening in the port and shipping industry, particularly the advent of 'big ships' which carry enormous amounts of cargo for less costs. Visit with CMA-CGM, the third largest shipper on the planet which boasts the world's largest container ship.
- EU Crisis: France has been heavily affected by the European Union's economic crisis, currently struggling with a 10% unemployment rate and a 90% national debt. It is also one of the leaders in the European Union in managing the ongoing financial crisis. Hear from a wide variety of experts on this topic which has great implications for Washington State's economy, as well as understand the opportunities and challenges for Washington companies operating in Europe.
Cancellations made before 3/15/13 will be subject to a $300 administrative fee. The deposit is non-refundable for cancellations submitted between 3/15/13 and 5/1/13. Cancellations after 5/1/13 or no-shows for the trip are not eligible for a refund.
No further refunds will be given except for those with medical reasons and an official written Doctor notice provided. If you are forced to leave the trip early or arrive late we will not compensate for missed days. Note, these cancellation terms pertain to Chamber payments for Trip Registration only. They do not include costs associated with air fare or other purchases made in relation to the study mission.